Our Intermediary Server
Our own uniquely designed intermediary server appliance offers a smooth, faster and, most importantly, secure network. Designed to be an “all-in-one” router, firewall, proxy and bandwidth manager:
- Optimises bandwidth (especially with satellite connections) and is incredibly secure, with QoS from level 2 to level 7 decided by the user;
- Reserves or dedicates bandwidth to specific applications (e.g. Video-conferencing, VOIP);
- Acting as a proxy, the network works up to 40% quicker.
Features and advantages:
- A secure, stable and highly configurable Linux based firewall;
- Easy administration through the built in web server and ssh;
- A DHCP client that allows GTW to, optionally, obtain its IP address from your ISP;
- A DHCP server that can help configure machines on your internal network;
- A caching DNS proxy, to help speed up Domain Name queries;
- A web caching proxy, to speed up web access;
- An intrusion detection system to detect external attacks on your network;
- The ability to partition your network into a safe, network protected from the Internet, a network for your wireless LAN and a DMZ or a network containing publicly accessible servers, partially protected from the Internet;
- A VPN facility that allows you to connect your internal network to another network across the Internet, forming a single logical network or to securely connect PCs on your wireless, network to the wired network;
- Traffic shaping capabilities to give highest priority to interactive services such as ssh and telnet, high priority to web browsing, and lower priority to bulk services such as FTP;
- Improved VPN support with x509 certificates, allowing tunnelling between dynamic IP peers.
We have a lot of add-ons for extended functions, so just ask us for the most interesting to you.