More information about cookies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a harmless text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any website. The value of the cookie is the website to be able to remember your visit when you return to browse this page. Although many people do not know the cookies have been used since 20 years ago, when the first browsers for the World Wide Web.
What IS NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus or a Trojan or a worm, no spam, no spyware, no pop-up window opens.
What information do you store a cookie?
Cookies do not often store sensitive information about you such as credit card or bank account information, photos, your ID or personal information, etc. The data stored are technical, personal preferences, content personalization, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person if your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person that actually is partnering with the browser, not the person.
What kinds of cookies are there?
- Technical Cookies: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, knowing when you are navigating a human or an automated application, when an anonymous user navigates and one registered basic tasks for running any dynamic web.
- Cookies analysis: collect information on the type of navigation being done, more sections used, reference numbers, times of use, language, etc.
- Cookies advertising: show advertising based on your browsing, your country of origin, language, etc.
¿Qué son las cookies propias y las de terceros?
Las cookies propias son las generadas por la página que está visitando y las de terceros son las generadas por servicios o proveedores externos como Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if I disable cookies?
To understand the extent you may have to disable cookies we show some examples:
- You can not share content of this site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The web site will not adapt content to your personal preferences, as often happens in online stores.
- You can not access the staff area of that web, such as My Account, or My Profile or My orders.
- Online shopping: It will be impossible to make purchases online, they will be calling or visiting the physical store if you have one.
- You can not customize your geographic preferences as time zone, currency or language.
- The web site will not perform web analytics on visitors and web traffic, making it difficult to be competitive anywhere.
- You can not blogging, you can not upload photos, post comments, rate or rate content. The web may not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- No advertising may show sectioned, reducing advertising revenue from the website.
Can I delete cookies?
Yes. Eliminate not only, also block, general or particular to a specific domain.
To remove cookies from a Web site should go to your browser settings and there you can find the associated domain in question and proceed with removal.
Configuring cookies for the browsers polulares
Here’s how to access a particular cookie Chrome browser. Note: These steps may vary depending on the version of the browser:
- Go to Settings or Preferences via the File menu or by clicking the icon customization shown above on the right.
- You will see different sections, click the Show Advanced Options option.
- Go to Privacy Settings content.
- Select All cookies and site data.
- a list appears with all cookies ordered by domain. To make it easier to find the cookies of a given domain partially or fully enter the address in the search field cookies.
- After this filter onscreen one or more lines with requested Web cookies. Now just select it and press X to proceed with removal.
To access the cookie settings in Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click on Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the settings of Firefox browser cookies follow these steps (may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Options or Preferences for your operating system.
- Click on Privacy.
- History chooses Use custom settings for history.
- Now see the Accept Cookies option, you can activate or deactivate according to your preferences.
To access the cookie settings for OSX Safari browser follow these steps (may vary depending on your browser version):
- Scroll to Settings, then Privacy.
- Here see the Block cookies to fit the type of lock to perform.
To access the cookie settings for iOS Safari browser follow these steps (may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy & Security, see the Block cookies to fit the type of lock to perform.
To access the browser cookie settings for Android devices follow these steps (may vary depending on your browser version):
- Run the browser and press the Menu key, then Settings.
- Scroll to Security and Privacy, see the Accept Cookies option to check or uncheck the box.
To access the configuration browser cookies to Windows Phone devices follow these steps (may vary depending on your browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Settings
- Can now enable or disable the Allow cookies.